Amy Boylan, President of Shelby Automobiles, Inc., has released the first official details on her company’s latest Mustang iteration, the Super Snake GT500. First, you’ll need a Shelby GT 500, the base price of which is $40,930 according to Ford. Now, you’re probably going to want to option that up, and we’re betting no dealer will let you out the door without paying a significant mark up. On top of that, turning your GT500 into a Super Snake will cost at least an additional $28,000.
Sure, that price could buy you a second Mustang, but instead your Super Snake will be boasting 600 horsepower. You can order up to a 725-horsepower Super Snake as well, but the cost will be significantly more and you can kiss that factory warranty goodbye if you go all the way. In addition to the Shelby Supercharger that produces the extra ponies, you’ll also get a cold air intake, Shelby/Baer 6-piston caliper brakes, a Shelby short throw shifter, an Eibach coil-over suspension, sway bars, and a Borla cat-back exhaust. Unfortunately, the Super Snake doesn’t address the Mustang’s weight problem, instead trying to reign it in with a beefier suspension, more power and better stoppers.
More info and the complete specs are after the jump.
[Source: Mustang Evolution]
No Mustang special edition would be complete without exterior adornments to let everyone know, so the Super Snake gets a new hood, carbon fiber front spliter, cf mirror covers and rocker panels, as well as a brake duct kit for the front and rear. Then there’s the badging on the rear deck lid, front grille and front fenders, combined with the fat Super Snake striping bisecting the car lengthwise. Your Super Snake will also be rolling on 20-inch Shelby Alcoa wheels wearing Pirelli P-Zeros.
So, if the fates are on your side, a Super Snake will cost you $68,930 base. You should figure on that not happening, however, and be ready to raid an extra college fund if necessary.
2008 Shelby GT500 Super Snake Package Parts
Shelby Supercharger Upgrade 600- 725+
Cold Air intake
Shelby/Baer 6 piston caliper bake system
Shelby short throw shifter
Shelby/Eibach coil over suspension
Shelby/Eibach sway bars
Borla cat-back exhaust system
- Shelby Super Snake Hood
- Carbon fiber front fascia splitter
- Carbon fiber mirror covers
- Carbon fiber rocker panels
- Shelby deck lid letter kit
- Super Snake badging on front grille and front fenders
- Sequential tail lights
- Super Snake striping
- Front brake duct kit
- Rear brake duct kit
- CSM consecutively numbered dash plaque
- CSM consecutively numbered plaque in engine compartment
- Super Snake door sill plates with CSM number
- Light bar with solenoid activated brake light (Convertible)
- Shelby floor mats
- Aesthetic engine kit with billet fluid caps and dip stick handle
- Center gauge cluster with Autometer Carroll Shelby Signature Carbon Fiber faced gauges (boost,fuel pressure,oil pressure)
- Aluminum Shelby map light accent
- Satin door lock knobs
Tires and Wheels
- 20″ Shelby Alcoa wheels (bright silver finish 20X9 front 20X10 rear)
- Pirelli P-Zero Nero 255/35ZR20 front 275/35ZR20 rear